Tribal News and Upcoming Events
NOTICE: To all Tribal Members
Chief LeRoy Howard has called a General Council Meeting to be held on May 18, 10AM at the Community Building.
For the purpose of determining:
Should the General Council direct all tribal officials to conduct a new election for the purpose of filling the offices previously scheduled for election at the 2012 annual general council using the same slate of candidates; and divesting the CFR courts of jurisdiction over the 2012 annual general council elections; and resolving that the current elected officials are the same persons who held office immediately prior the 2012 annual general council, pending new elections.
NO OTHER BUSINESS WILL BE DISCUSSED.
- Area Job fair May 15th – Click here for more info
- Upcoming Events and Cemetery Information in Ceremonial Chiefs Blog
- Letter form the Chief regarding election issues – Read Here
- Tribal election notice 2013 – Election Document
- Election Biographies – Read Here
- Information regarding Housing Acquisition Fund can be found here. Questionnaire and draft procedures.
- Recognizing our Honor Roll Students…… Terrific accomplishments from our tribal students, 44% of our students furthering their education for the Spring 2012 Semester and 57% of our students furthering their education for the Summer 2012 Session have made the Honor Roll. See write up in “Tribal News” blog or Click here for details
- Resolution# 90-082312 A Resolution of the Seneca-Cayuga Tribal Business Committee Recognizing Terry Rainey of Automated Election Services as Election Administrator
- Many Nations, One College/NEO dedicates flag plaza – Miami News Record Click here for details
- Attention students……. Please be advised that Guidelines have changed for education services. Check the education Education Fellowship page for details.
- Attention College Students……… Information on “The Oklahoma Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (OK-LSAMP)” scholarship. Click here of details
- High School Seniors……… To tribal enrolled and graduating seniors the tribe is offering assistance to help pay graduation costs. Click here for details
- Tribal Faith Keeper receives AARP award………. See write up in “Ceremonial Chief” blog
- Attention High School Students residing in Tulsa County.……… In case you were not aware there is a program available to students graduating high school where you can attend Tulsa Community College (TCC) tuition free. The program is called ” Tulsa Achieves” Click here for specific details
On-line store is now open for business, check it out under “Enterprises” the new tribal blankets are in. Contact Leslie for more info.
Don’t forget additional tribal news and updates is available in the SC Blogs portion of the website
The Grand Lake Casino Lodge is now open for business. 30 newly remodeled rooms available for your enjoyment. Call (918)786-4406 for information.
Tribe opens Grand Lake Casino Event’s Center:
The facility can accomodate up to 200 guests for meetings, Christmas parties, wedding receptions etc any activity or celebration you desire to have. Options are customized to provide any level of food or drink to meet your needs. Contact (918) 791-9192 to make your reservation.
As directed by General Council, the Tribal Claims Education funds for students will be administered through the Human Resource Education Office. Please send all education application requests to :
Seneca-Cayuga Tribal Education
23701 S. 655 Road
Grove, OK 74344
(918) 787-5452 Ext 20
(918) 787-5521 Fax