Tribal News and Upcoming Events
SENECA-CAYUGA CHILDREN NEED YOU!
The Seneca-Cayuga Tribe of Oklahoma’s Indian Child Welfare program is in search of tribal foster/adoptive homes. To date, there are NO Seneca-Cayuga families available for the Tribe’s children that are in either tribal or state custody! This is a shocking fact!
The ICW program is in search of loving, stable tribal homes to provide a secure environment for Seneca-Cayuga children in tribal or state’s custody. The children that are currently in tribal custody are hours away from their tribal home and family due to the lack of homes near the Tribe. I would like to ask that anyone that has questions about or is interested in becoming a Tribal foster/adoptive home to please contact me at (918) 786-3508. I am new to the ICW program and I had a tribal member say to me, “We take care of our own…” let’s show our kids that we do!
Jan Grant, ICW Director
Seneca-Cayuga Tribe of Oklahoma
- Recognizing our Honor Roll Students…… Congratulations to all Graduates! The Office of Education beginning with the Spring 2012 Semester had the availability of funding to additionally honor our students for your achievements. This is a request for all graduates in the higher education and technical trades schools earning your degrees and/or certifications, please send to the Office of Education, 23701 South 655 Road, Grove, Oklahoma 74344 your official transcript conferring your degree or certificate so that we will be able to send you a small gift to recognize you for your dedication and hard work. We will also be able to place your name in the next available newsletter to additionally recognize you for your completion of your educational endeavors. If you should have any questions regarding, please call 918-787-5452 or you may email Michelle Morris or Carol Brown.
- Upcoming Events and Cemetery Information in Ceremonial Chiefs Blog
- Information regarding Housing Acquisition Fund can be found here. Questionnaire and draft procedures.
- Many Nations, One College/NEO dedicates flag plaza – Miami News Record Click here for details
- Attention students……. Please be advised that Guidelines have changed for education services. Check the education Education Fellowship page for details.
- Attention College Students……… Information on “The Oklahoma Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (OK-LSAMP)” scholarship. Click here of details
- High School Seniors……… To tribal enrolled and graduating seniors the tribe is offering assistance to help pay graduation costs. Click here for details
- Attention High School Students residing in Tulsa County.……… In case you were not aware there is a program available to students graduating high school where you can attend Tulsa Community College (TCC) tuition free. The program is called ” Tulsa Achieves” Click here for specific details
On-line store is now open for business, check it out under “Enterprises” the new tribal blankets are in. Contact Leslie for more info.
Don’t forget additional tribal news and updates is available in the SC Blogs portion of the website
The Grand Lake Casino Lodge is now open for business. 30 newly remodeled rooms available for your enjoyment. Call (918)786-4406 for information.
Tribe opens Grand Lake Casino Event’s Center:
The facility can accomodate up to 200 guests for meetings, Christmas parties, wedding receptions etc any activity or celebration you desire to have. Options are customized to provide any level of food or drink to meet your needs. Contact (918) 791-9192 to make your reservation.
As directed by General Council, the Tribal Claims Education funds for students will be administered through the Human Resource Education Office. Please send all education application requests to :
Seneca-Cayuga Tribal Education
23701 S. 655 Road
Grove, OK 74344
(918) 787-5452 Ext 20
(918) 787-5521 Fax